Workshop in Futures Skills
Organized by WFSF MENA Region Chapter & Arab Council for Youth (ACFY)
Paris is a city where people from all over the world live. Different nationalities, different religions, different cultures. It is a well-known fact that the youth of any country is a great asset. Youth are our future and they build the future. And their role in nation building, in development, in international and intercultural dialogue is extremally important. The ACFY supports youth all over the world, with the special emphasis of the Arab youth, cooperates with national and international agencies to reach goals connected with youth education and development in various fields. That is why the discussion about the futures skills needed. We would like to invite 30 youth to take part in our workshop.
The workshop will be a part of WFSF MENA Region Chapter & Arab Council for Youth (ACFY).
Plan of the workshop:
1) Welcome – introduction about the Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd Center for Futuristic Studies WFSF MENA Region Chapter, Arab Council for Youth, and the PMU itself (9 min.)
2) Introduction – a Future Skills workshop is a great way to learn about the skills that will be needed in the future. The workshop will take 4 hours. The group of attendees, about 25, aged between 18–25 years old. The attendees will be divided to 4 groups. (3 min.)
3) EVERY GROUP defines important terms in Futures Studies
4) Explaination that today’s workshop will concentrate on topics of skills, Artificial Intelligence and critical thinking.
5) GROUP 1 will mention skills which are important now and will be needed in 2040.
6) GROUP 2 will mention skills which are important now and will not be needed in 2040.
7) GROUP 3 will mention skills which are not important or not exist now but will be needed in 2040.
8) GROUP 4 will mention skills which are not important or not exist now and will not be needed in 2040.
(work for 10 min + discussion 30 min.)
9) Conclusions – summarizing of what was said during the workshop and how AI is important and how critical thinking is important to take good remarks from everything what is around us. The attendees should understand that everything has positive and negative sides, what kind of skills will still stay with us and what kind of new skill we will have to learn in the future and which of them will disappear. The speaker will lead the discussion and summary, what will let attendees see that they are those who were able to make conclusions. (5-7 min.)
Coffee break – 20 minutes
Everybody comes back to their groups and the chair of the workshop will explain that the second part of the meeting will be connected with the future jobs. He will briefly discuss the importance of concentration on the required skills in the future to conduct the jobs which will be needed and to understand that not every profession will exist and that new will appear.
1) GROUP 1 will mention jobs which will stop exist or will not be very representative in 2040.
2) GROUP 2 will mention jobs which will be more popular in 2040 than now.
3) GROUP 3 will mention new jobs which will appear in 2040 and not exist now.
4) GROUP 4 will mention skills which young people need in 2040 to conduct new jobs which don’t exist now. (work for 10 min + discussion 40 min.)
5) Wider discussion about the skills needed to conduct jobs in the future and how to prepare young people to choose their career paths. (discussion 20 min.)
6) Conclusions – summarizing of what was said during the workshop and why is it important to understand the skills which will be needed in the future (5-7 min.)